Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 2:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 70%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 14:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.63 meters/second, 1593.5 km/hour, 990.1 miles/hour or 860.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.50 mi||West||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||South||16.50 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 27.1"||989.99 mi||West||0° 09' 50.2"||11.27 mi||South||990.31 mi|
|24 hours||11° 01' 11.8"||750.31 mi||East||4° 09' 33.9"||285.84 mi||South||806.84 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Wed 4:46 AM||938 km||583 miles||507 nm||SSW|
|Honolulu||Tue 4:46 AM||1255 km||780 miles||677 nm||N|
|Baker Island||Tue 2:46 AM||2557 km||1589 miles||1381 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 3:46 AM||2767 km||1719 miles||1494 nm||SW|
|Midway||Tue 3:46 AM||3024 km||1879 miles||1633 nm||NW|
|Papeete||Tue 4:46 AM||3137 km||1949 miles||1694 nm||SSE|
|Apia *||Wed 4:46 AM||3198 km||1987 miles||1727 nm||SW|
|Funafuti||Wed 2:46 AM||3469 km||2156 miles||1873 nm||SW|
|Rarotonga||Tue 4:46 AM||3504 km||2177 miles||1892 nm||S|
|Alofi||Tue 3:46 AM||3592 km||2232 miles||1940 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.