Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 2:54:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 70%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 14:54:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.66 meters/second, 1593.6 km/hour, 990.2 miles/hour or 860.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.50 mi||West||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||South||16.50 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 27.1"||990.06 mi||West||0° 09' 50.6"||11.28 mi||South||990.38 mi|
|24 hours||11° 01' 12.5"||750.37 mi||East||4° 09' 42.8"||286.01 mi||South||806.95 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Wed 4:54 AM||917 km||570 miles||495 nm||S|
|Honolulu||Tue 4:54 AM||1235 km||767 miles||667 nm||N|
|Baker Island||Tue 2:54 AM||2365 km||1469 miles||1277 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 3:54 AM||2636 km||1638 miles||1423 nm||SW|
|Midway||Tue 3:54 AM||2877 km||1787 miles||1553 nm||NW|
|Apia *||Wed 4:54 AM||3081 km||1915 miles||1664 nm||SSW|
|Papeete||Tue 4:54 AM||3187 km||1980 miles||1721 nm||SSE|
|Funafuti||Wed 2:54 AM||3298 km||2049 miles||1781 nm||SW|
|Tarawa||Wed 2:54 AM||3395 km||2110 miles||1833 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Wed 2:54 AM||3451 km||2144 miles||1863 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.