Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 14:54:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 70%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 14:54:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.66 meters/second, 1593.6 km/hour, 990.2 miles/hour or 860.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.50 mi||west||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||south||16.50 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 27.1"||990.06 mi||west||0° 09' 50.6"||11.28 mi||south||990.38 mi|
|24 hours||11° 01' 12.5"||750.37 mi||east||4° 09' 42.8"||286.01 mi||south||806.95 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Wed 4:54 AM||917 km||570 miles||495 nm||S|
|Honolulu||Tue 4:54 AM||1235 km||767 miles||667 nm||N|
|Baker Island||Tue 2:54 AM||2365 km||1469 miles||1277 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 3:54 AM||2636 km||1638 miles||1423 nm||SW|
|Midway||Tue 3:54 AM||2877 km||1787 miles||1553 nm||NW|
|Apia *||Wed 4:54 AM||3081 km||1915 miles||1664 nm||SSW|
|Papeete||Tue 4:54 AM||3187 km||1980 miles||1721 nm||SSE|
|Funafuti||Wed 2:54 AM||3298 km||2049 miles||1781 nm||SW|
|Tarawa||Wed 2:54 AM||3395 km||2110 miles||1833 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Wed 2:54 AM||3451 km||2144 miles||1863 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.