Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 15:32:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 70%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:46 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 15:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.81 meters/second, 1594.1 km/hour, 990.5 miles/hour or 860.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.51 mi||west||0° 00' 09.8"||0.19 mi||south||16.51 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 27.3"||990.46 mi||west||0° 09' 52.7"||11.32 mi||south||990.78 mi|
|24 hours||11° 01' 15.3"||750.72 mi||east||4° 10' 26.2"||286.86 mi||south||807.55 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Wed 5:32 AM||1406 km||874 miles||759 nm||SE|
|Baker Island||Tue 3:32 AM||1508 km||937 miles||814 nm||SW|
|Honolulu||Tue 5:32 AM||1588 km||987 miles||858 nm||NE|
|Fakaofo||Wed 4:32 AM||2196 km||1365 miles||1186 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Tue 4:32 AM||2282 km||1418 miles||1232 nm||NNW|
|Tarawa||Wed 3:32 AM||2404 km||1494 miles||1298 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Wed 3:32 AM||2414 km||1500 miles||1303 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Wed 3:32 AM||2555 km||1588 miles||1380 nm||SW|
|Apia *||Wed 5:32 AM||2692 km||1673 miles||1454 nm||S|
|Wake Island||Wed 3:32 AM||3006 km||1868 miles||1623 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.