Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 15:32:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 70%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 15:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.81 meters/second, 1594.1 km/hour, 990.5 miles/hour or 860.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.51 mi||west||0° 00' 09.8"||0.19 mi||south||16.51 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 27.3"||990.38 mi||west||0° 09' 52.7"||11.31 mi||south||990.70 mi|
|24 hours||11° 01' 15.2"||750.66 mi||east||4° 10' 24.9"||286.82 mi||south||807.47 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Wed 5:32 AM||1384 km||860 miles||747 nm||SE|
|Baker Island||Tue 3:32 AM||1529 km||950 miles||826 nm||SW|
|Honolulu||Tue 5:32 AM||1570 km||976 miles||848 nm||NE|
|Fakaofo||Wed 4:32 AM||2203 km||1369 miles||1190 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Tue 4:32 AM||2295 km||1426 miles||1239 nm||NNW|
|Tarawa||Wed 3:32 AM||2432 km||1511 miles||1313 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Wed 3:32 AM||2443 km||1518 miles||1319 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Wed 3:32 AM||2573 km||1599 miles||1389 nm||SW|
|Apia *||Wed 5:32 AM||2698 km||1677 miles||1457 nm||SSW|
|Wake Island||Wed 3:32 AM||3033 km||1884 miles||1638 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.