Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 3:54:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 70%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 15:54:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 442.89 meters/second, 1594.4 kilometres/hour, 990.7 miles/hour or 860.9 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.51 mi||West||0° 00' 09.8"||0.19 mi||South||16.51 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 27.5"||990.57 mi||West||0° 09' 53.8"||11.34 mi||South||990.88 mi|
|24 hours||11° 01' 17.1"||750.84 mi||East||4° 10' 49.2"||287.28 mi||South||807.78 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Baker Island||Tue 3:54 AM||1186 km||737 miles||640 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Wed 3:54 AM||1844 km||1146 miles||996 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Wed 5:54 AM||1867 km||1160 miles||1008 nm||ESE|
|Tarawa||Wed 3:54 AM||1900 km||1181 miles||1026 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Tue 5:54 AM||1974 km||1227 miles||1066 nm||NE|
|Midway||Tue 4:54 AM||2090 km||1299 miles||1129 nm||NNW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 4:54 AM||2143 km||1332 miles||1157 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Wed 3:54 AM||2262 km||1406 miles||1221 nm||SSW|
|Wake Island||Wed 3:54 AM||2504 km||1556 miles||1352 nm||WNW|
|Yaren||Wed 3:54 AM||2598 km||1614 miles||1403 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.