Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 3:56:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 70%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 15:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.90 meters/second, 1594.4 km/hour, 990.7 miles/hour or 860.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.51 mi||West||0° 00' 09.8"||0.19 mi||South||16.51 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 27.5"||990.59 mi||West||0° 09' 53.8"||11.34 mi||South||990.90 mi|
|24 hours||11° 01' 17.2"||750.85 mi||East||4° 10' 51.5"||287.32 mi||South||807.81 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Baker Island||Tue 3:56 AM||1165 km||724 miles||629 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Wed 3:56 AM||1791 km||1113 miles||967 nm||W|
|Tarawa||Wed 3:56 AM||1853 km||1152 miles||1001 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Wed 5:56 AM||1914 km||1189 miles||1033 nm||ESE|
|Honolulu||Tue 5:56 AM||2015 km||1252 miles||1088 nm||NE|
|Midway||Tue 4:56 AM||2078 km||1291 miles||1122 nm||NNW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 4:56 AM||2146 km||1333 miles||1159 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Wed 3:56 AM||2239 km||1391 miles||1209 nm||SSW|
|Wake Island||Wed 3:56 AM||2457 km||1527 miles||1327 nm||WNW|
|Yaren||Wed 3:56 AM||2549 km||1584 miles||1377 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.