Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 4:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 70%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 16:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.04 meters/second, 1594.9 km/hour, 991.0 miles/hour or 861.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.52 mi||West||0° 00' 09.8"||0.19 mi||South||16.52 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 27.6"||990.91 mi||West||0° 09' 55.9"||11.38 mi||South||991.22 mi|
|24 hours||348° 58' 39.2"||751.16 mi||West||4° 11' 33.0"||288.11 mi||South||808.34 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Majuro||Wed 4:34 AM||810 km||503 miles||437 nm||WSW|
|Tarawa||Wed 4:34 AM||1098 km||682 miles||593 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Tue 4:34 AM||1224 km||760 miles||661 nm||SSE|
|Wake Island||Wed 4:34 AM||1619 km||1006 miles||874 nm||NW|
|Yaren||Wed 4:34 AM||1699 km||1056 miles||917 nm||SW|
|Funafuti||Wed 4:34 AM||2038 km||1266 miles||1101 nm||S|
|Midway||Tue 5:34 AM||2082 km||1294 miles||1124 nm||NNE|
|Palikir||Wed 3:34 AM||2229 km||1385 miles||1203 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Wed 5:34 AM||2432 km||1511 miles||1313 nm||SSE|
|Apia *||Wed 6:34 AM||2848 km||1770 miles||1538 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.