Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 4:44:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 70%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 16:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.07 meters/second, 1595.1 km/hour, 991.1 miles/hour or 861.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.52 mi||West||0° 00' 09.8"||0.19 mi||South||16.52 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 27.7"||990.99 mi||West||0° 09' 56.5"||11.39 mi||South||991.30 mi|
|24 hours||348° 58' 38.1"||751.24 mi||West||4° 11' 44.0"||288.32 mi||South||808.48 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Majuro||Wed 4:44 AM||571 km||355 miles||308 nm||WSW|
|Tarawa||Wed 4:44 AM||982 km||610 miles||530 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Tue 4:44 AM||1371 km||852 miles||740 nm||SE|
|Wake Island||Wed 4:44 AM||1432 km||890 miles||773 nm||NW|
|Yaren||Wed 4:44 AM||1511 km||939 miles||816 nm||SW|
|Palikir||Wed 3:44 AM||1965 km||1221 miles||1061 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Wed 4:44 AM||2067 km||1285 miles||1116 nm||S|
|Midway||Tue 5:44 AM||2155 km||1339 miles||1164 nm||NNE|
|Fakaofo||Wed 5:44 AM||2570 km||1597 miles||1388 nm||SE|
|Honiara||Wed 3:44 AM||2760 km||1715 miles||1490 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.