Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 6:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 69%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 18:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.48 meters/second, 1596.5 km/hour, 992.0 miles/hour or 862.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.53 mi||West||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||South||16.53 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 27.9"||991.89 mi||West||0° 10' 02.2"||11.50 mi||South||992.20 mi|
|24 hours||11° 01' 34.4"||752.16 mi||East||4° 13' 42.1"||290.57 mi||South||810.03 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hagåtña||Wed 4:34 AM||643 km||400 miles||347 nm||NW|
|Saipan||Wed 4:34 AM||723 km||449 miles||391 nm||NNW|
|Palikir||Wed 5:34 AM||1040 km||646 miles||561 nm||ESE|
|Melekeok||Wed 3:34 AM||1610 km||1000 miles||869 nm||W|
|Jayapura||Wed 3:34 AM||1629 km||1012 miles||880 nm||SW|
|Manokwari||Wed 3:34 AM||2026 km||1259 miles||1094 nm||SW|
|Port Moresby||Wed 4:34 AM||2112 km||1312 miles||1140 nm||S|
|Wake Island||Wed 6:34 AM||2174 km||1351 miles||1174 nm||ENE|
|Yaren||Wed 6:34 AM||2269 km||1410 miles||1225 nm||ESE|
|Honiara||Wed 5:34 AM||2419 km||1503 miles||1306 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.