Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 18:34:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 69%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:46 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 18:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.48 meters/second, 1596.5 km/hour, 992.0 miles/hour or 862.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.53 mi||west||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||south||16.54 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 27.9"||991.97 mi||west||0° 10' 02.2"||11.50 mi||south||992.28 mi|
|24 hours||11° 01' 34.7"||752.22 mi||east||4° 13' 43.4"||290.62 mi||south||810.10 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hagåtña||Wed 4:34 AM||622 km||386 miles||336 nm||NW|
|Saipan||Wed 4:34 AM||709 km||441 miles||383 nm||NNW|
|Palikir||Wed 5:34 AM||1069 km||664 miles||577 nm||ESE|
|Melekeok||Wed 3:34 AM||1580 km||982 miles||853 nm||W|
|Jayapura||Wed 3:34 AM||1612 km||1002 miles||870 nm||SW|
|Manokwari||Wed 3:34 AM||2002 km||1244 miles||1081 nm||SW|
|Port Moresby||Wed 4:34 AM||2109 km||1310 miles||1139 nm||S|
|Wake Island||Wed 6:34 AM||2200 km||1367 miles||1188 nm||ENE|
|Yaren||Wed 6:34 AM||2294 km||1425 miles||1238 nm||ESE|
|Honiara||Wed 5:34 AM||2434 km||1512 miles||1314 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.