Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 20:34:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 68%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:46 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 20:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.91 meters/second, 1598.1 km/hour, 993.0 miles/hour or 862.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.55 mi||west||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||south||16.55 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 28.2"||992.94 mi||west||0° 10' 08.3"||11.61 mi||south||993.24 mi|
|24 hours||11° 01' 52.5"||753.29 mi||east||4° 15' 48.7"||293.00 mi||south||811.83 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Puerto Princesa||Wed 4:34 AM||125 km||78 miles||68 nm||WNW|
|Iloilo City||Wed 4:34 AM||350 km||218 miles||189 nm||ENE|
|Zamboanga City||Wed 4:34 AM||362 km||225 miles||195 nm||SE|
|Bacolod||Wed 4:34 AM||387 km||241 miles||209 nm||ENE|
|Cebu City||Wed 4:34 AM||471 km||292 miles||254 nm||ENE|
|Marawi City||Wed 4:34 AM||518 km||322 miles||279 nm||ESE|
|Kota Kinabalu||Wed 4:34 AM||540 km||336 miles||292 nm||SW|
|Cagayan de Oro||Wed 4:34 AM||545 km||339 miles||294 nm||E|
|Makati||Wed 4:34 AM||607 km||377 miles||328 nm||NNE|
|Manila||Wed 4:34 AM||613 km||381 miles||331 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.