Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 8:44:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 68%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 20:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.94 meters/second, 1598.2 km/hour, 993.1 miles/hour or 863.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.55 mi||West||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||South||16.55 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 28.2"||992.94 mi||West||0° 10' 08.7"||11.62 mi||South||993.24 mi|
|24 hours||11° 01' 54.0"||753.32 mi||East||4° 15' 57.9"||293.16 mi||South||811.91 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Puerto Princesa||Wed 4:44 AM||140 km||87 miles||75 nm||ENE|
|Kota Kinabalu||Wed 4:44 AM||392 km||244 miles||212 nm||SSW|
|Zamboanga City||Wed 4:44 AM||554 km||345 miles||299 nm||ESE|
|Bandar Seri Begawan||Wed 4:44 AM||558 km||347 miles||302 nm||SSW|
|Iloilo City||Wed 4:44 AM||570 km||354 miles||308 nm||ENE|
|Pekan Tutong||Wed 4:44 AM||584 km||363 miles||315 nm||SW|
|Bacolod||Wed 4:44 AM||611 km||380 miles||330 nm||ENE|
|Kuala Belait||Wed 4:44 AM||630 km||392 miles||340 nm||SW|
|Miri||Wed 4:44 AM||663 km||412 miles||358 nm||SW|
|Makati||Wed 4:44 AM||701 km||436 miles||379 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.