Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 9:44:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 68%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, December 4, 2012 at 21:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.15 meters/second, 1598.9 km/hour, 993.5 miles/hour or 863.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.56 mi||West||0° 00' 10.2"||0.19 mi||South||16.56 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 28.3"||993.41 mi||West||0° 10' 11.7"||11.68 mi||South||993.71 mi|
|24 hours||11° 02' 04.7"||753.87 mi||East||4° 16' 58.9"||294.32 mi||South||812.78 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Sihanoukville||Wed 4:44 AM||185 km||115 miles||100 nm||NNE|
|Cần Thơ||Wed 4:44 AM||320 km||199 miles||173 nm||ENE|
|Phnom Penh||Wed 4:44 AM||348 km||216 miles||188 nm||NE|
|Hat Yai||Wed 4:44 AM||361 km||225 miles||195 nm||SW|
|Alor Setar||Wed 5:44 AM||437 km||271 miles||236 nm||SW|
|Ho Chi Minh||Wed 4:44 AM||445 km||276 miles||240 nm||ENE|
|Battambang||Wed 4:44 AM||452 km||281 miles||244 nm||N|
|Siem Reap||Wed 4:44 AM||489 km||304 miles||264 nm||N|
|Pattaya||Wed 4:44 AM||493 km||306 miles||266 nm||NNW|
|George Town||Wed 5:44 AM||499 km||310 miles||270 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.