Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, December 5, 2012 at 1:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 66%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, December 5, 2012 at 01:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 444.92 meters/second, 1601.7 kilometres/hour, 995.3 miles/hour or 864.9 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.59 mi||West||0° 00' 10.3"||0.20 mi||South||16.59 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 28.1"||995.14 mi||West||0° 10' 22.7"||11.89 mi||South||995.43 mi|
|24 hours||11° 02' 55.9"||756.16 mi||East||4° 20' 44.6"||298.62 mi||South||816.22 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Garowe||Wed 4:34 AM||129 km||80 miles||70 nm||E|
|Galkayo||Wed 4:34 AM||177 km||110 miles||95 nm||S|
|Berbera||Wed 4:34 AM||342 km||212 miles||185 nm||NW|
|Hargeisa||Wed 4:34 AM||381 km||237 miles||206 nm||WNW|
|Bosaso||Wed 4:34 AM||383 km||238 miles||207 nm||NNE|
|Aden||Wed 4:34 AM||550 km||342 miles||297 nm||NNW|
|Djibouti||Wed 4:34 AM||580 km||360 miles||313 nm||NW|
|Ali Sabieh||Wed 4:34 AM||592 km||368 miles||320 nm||WNW|
|Obock||Wed 4:34 AM||594 km||369 miles||321 nm||NW|
|Dire Dawa||Wed 4:34 AM||615 km||382 miles||332 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.