Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, December 5, 2012 at 1:44:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 66%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, December 5, 2012 at 01:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.96 meters/second, 1601.8 km/hour, 995.3 miles/hour or 864.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.59 mi||West||0° 00' 10.3"||0.20 mi||South||16.59 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 28.1"||995.21 mi||West||0° 10' 23.3"||11.90 mi||South||995.50 mi|
|24 hours||11° 02' 58.4"||756.27 mi||East||4° 20' 54.1"||298.80 mi||South||816.37 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Degehabur||Wed 4:44 AM||147 km||91 miles||79 nm||W|
|Hargeisa||Wed 4:44 AM||163 km||101 miles||88 nm||NNW|
|Kebri Dahar||Wed 4:44 AM||189 km||117 miles||102 nm||SSW|
|Berbera||Wed 4:44 AM||233 km||145 miles||126 nm||N|
|Galkayo||Wed 4:44 AM||330 km||205 miles||178 nm||ESE|
|Dire Dawa||Wed 4:44 AM||361 km||224 miles||195 nm||WNW|
|Ali Sabieh||Wed 4:44 AM||393 km||244 miles||212 nm||NW|
|Djibouti||Wed 4:44 AM||408 km||253 miles||220 nm||NNW|
|Dikhil||Wed 4:44 AM||413 km||257 miles||223 nm||NW|
|Obock||Wed 4:44 AM||438 km||272 miles||237 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.