Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, December 5, 2012 at 3:44:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 65%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, December 5, 2012 at 03:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.34 meters/second, 1603.2 km/hour, 996.2 miles/hour or 865.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.60 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||South||16.60 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 27.7"||996.07 mi||West||0° 10' 28.9"||12.00 mi||South||996.35 mi|
|24 hours||11° 03' 32.0"||757.56 mi||East||4° 22' 46.1"||300.94 mi||South||818.22 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Moundou||Wed 4:44 AM||70 km||44 miles||38 nm||NNE|
|Bozoum||Wed 4:44 AM||195 km||121 miles||105 nm||SSE|
|Ngaoundéré||Wed 4:44 AM||256 km||159 miles||138 nm||WSW|
|Garoua||Wed 4:44 AM||302 km||188 miles||163 nm||WNW|
|Sarh||Wed 4:44 AM||312 km||194 miles||168 nm||ENE|
|Maroua||Wed 4:44 AM||332 km||206 miles||179 nm||NNW|
|Kaga-Bandoro||Wed 4:44 AM||388 km||241 miles||210 nm||ESE|
|Berbérati||Wed 4:44 AM||412 km||256 miles||223 nm||S|
|Bertoua||Wed 4:44 AM||445 km||276 miles||240 nm||SSW|
|Ndjamena||Wed 4:44 AM||463 km||288 miles||250 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.