Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, December 5, 2012 at 7:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 64%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, December 5, 2012 at 07:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.03 meters/second, 1605.7 km/hour, 997.7 miles/hour or 867.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.63 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||South||16.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 26.5"||997.62 mi||West||0° 10' 39.1"||12.20 mi||South||997.89 mi|
|24 hours||11° 04' 48.9"||760.22 mi||East||4° 26' 09.5"||304.81 mi||South||821.84 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Fortaleza||Wed 4:34 AM||1231 km||765 miles||665 nm||S|
|Belém||Wed 4:34 AM||1356 km||842 miles||732 nm||SW|
|Cayenne||Wed 4:34 AM||1397 km||868 miles||754 nm||W|
|Paramaribo||Wed 4:34 AM||1693 km||1052 miles||914 nm||W|
|Recife||Wed 4:34 AM||1789 km||1112 miles||966 nm||SSE|
|Praia||Wed 6:34 AM||1980 km||1230 miles||1069 nm||ENE|
|Georgetown||Wed 3:34 AM||2015 km||1252 miles||1088 nm||W|
|Bridgetown||Wed 3:34 AM||2249 km||1397 miles||1214 nm||WNW|
|Salvador||Wed 4:34 AM||2250 km||1398 miles||1215 nm||S|
|Port of Spain||Wed 3:34 AM||2401 km||1492 miles||1296 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.