Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, December 5, 2012 at 8:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 63%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, December 5, 2012 at 08:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.17 meters/second, 1606.2 km/hour, 998.1 miles/hour or 867.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.63 mi||West||0° 00' 10.6"||0.20 mi||South||16.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 26.2"||997.94 mi||West||0° 10' 41.3"||12.24 mi||South||998.21 mi|
|24 hours||11° 05' 07.9"||760.83 mi||East||4° 26' 51.9"||305.62 mi||South||822.64 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Cayenne||Wed 5:24 AM||249 km||154 miles||134 nm||S|
|Saint-Laurent-du-Maroni||Wed 5:24 AM||286 km||178 miles||154 nm||SW|
|Paramaribo||Wed 5:24 AM||375 km||233 miles||203 nm||WSW|
|Nieuw Nickerie||Wed 5:24 AM||563 km||350 miles||304 nm||WSW|
|New Amsterdam||Wed 4:24 AM||613 km||381 miles||331 nm||W|
|Georgetown||Wed 4:24 AM||677 km||420 miles||365 nm||W|
|Linden||Wed 4:24 AM||700 km||435 miles||378 nm||W|
|Belém||Wed 5:24 AM||1032 km||641 miles||557 nm||SSE|
|Bridgetown||Wed 4:24 AM||1057 km||657 miles||571 nm||NW|
|Port of Spain||Wed 4:24 AM||1110 km||689 miles||599 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.