Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, December 5, 2012 at 09:32:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 63%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:46 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, December 5, 2012 at 09:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.37 meters/second, 1606.9 km/hour, 998.5 miles/hour or 867.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.64 mi||west||0° 00' 10.6"||0.20 mi||south||16.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 25.7"||998.37 mi||west||0° 10' 44.1"||12.30 mi||south||998.64 mi|
|24 hours||11° 05' 35.5"||761.69 mi||east||4° 27' 49.2"||306.71 mi||south||823.76 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|San Fernando de Apure||Wed 5:02 AM||179 km||111 miles||97 nm||NE|
|Puerto Ayacucho||Wed 5:02 AM||193 km||120 miles||104 nm||SE|
|Barquisimeto||Wed 5:02 AM||346 km||215 miles||187 nm||N|
|Valencia||Wed 5:02 AM||373 km||232 miles||201 nm||NNE|
|Maracay||Wed 5:02 AM||401 km||249 miles||216 nm||NNE|
|Cúcuta||Wed 4:32 AM||424 km||263 miles||229 nm||WNW|
|Caracas||Wed 5:02 AM||444 km||276 miles||240 nm||NNE|
|Bucaramanga||Wed 4:32 AM||483 km||300 miles||261 nm||W|
|Maracaibo||Wed 5:02 AM||520 km||323 miles||281 nm||NW|
|Willemstad||Wed 5:32 AM||569 km||354 miles||307 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.