Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, December 5, 2012 at 2:08:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 61%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, December 5, 2012 at 14:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.08 meters/second, 1609.5 km/hour, 1000.1 miles/hour or 869.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.67 mi||West||0° 00' 10.8"||0.21 mi||South||16.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 23.0"||999.97 mi||West||0° 10' 55.3"||12.51 mi||South||1000.22 mi|
|24 hours||11° 07' 41.2"||765.35 mi||East||4° 31' 24.0"||310.80 mi||South||828.31 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Thu 4:08 AM||2479 km||1540 miles||1338 nm||W|
|Honolulu||Wed 4:08 AM||2944 km||1829 miles||1590 nm||NW|
|Papeete||Wed 4:08 AM||3045 km||1892 miles||1644 nm||SSW|
|Adamstown||Wed 6:08 AM||3499 km||2174 miles||1890 nm||S|
|Los Angeles||Wed 6:08 AM||3561 km||2213 miles||1923 nm||NNE|
|Hermosillo||Wed 7:08 AM||3614 km||2246 miles||1952 nm||NE|
|San Francisco||Wed 6:08 AM||3744 km||2326 miles||2021 nm||NNE|
|Phoenix||Wed 7:08 AM||3868 km||2403 miles||2088 nm||NE|
|Las Vegas||Wed 6:08 AM||3913 km||2431 miles||2113 nm||NNE|
|Rarotonga||Wed 4:08 AM||4031 km||2504 miles||2176 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.