Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, December 5, 2012 at 2:32:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 61%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, December 5, 2012 at 14:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.14 meters/second, 1609.7 km/hour, 1000.2 miles/hour or 869.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.67 mi||West||0° 00' 10.8"||0.21 mi||South||16.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 22.8"||1000.10 mi||West||0° 10' 56.3"||12.53 mi||South||1000.35 mi|
|24 hours||11° 07' 53.4"||765.68 mi||East||4° 31' 41.6"||311.14 mi||South||828.71 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Thu 4:32 AM||1847 km||1148 miles||997 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Wed 4:32 AM||2461 km||1529 miles||1329 nm||NW|
|Papeete||Wed 4:32 AM||2766 km||1719 miles||1493 nm||SSW|
|Rarotonga||Wed 4:32 AM||3636 km||2259 miles||1963 nm||SSW|
|Adamstown||Wed 6:32 AM||3649 km||2267 miles||1970 nm||SSE|
|Fakaofo||Thu 3:32 AM||3737 km||2322 miles||2018 nm||WSW|
|Los Angeles||Wed 6:32 AM||3900 km||2423 miles||2106 nm||NE|
|Baker Island||Wed 2:32 AM||3969 km||2467 miles||2143 nm||W|
|San Francisco||Wed 6:32 AM||3996 km||2483 miles||2158 nm||NNE|
|Apia *||Thu 4:32 AM||4028 km||2503 miles||2175 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.