Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, December 5, 2012 at 3:22:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 60%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, December 5, 2012 at 15:22:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.26 meters/second, 1610.1 km/hour, 1000.5 miles/hour or 869.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.67 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||South||16.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 22.2"||1000.37 mi||West||0° 10' 58.1"||12.56 mi||South||1000.61 mi|
|24 hours||11° 08' 19.4"||766.39 mi||East||4° 32' 18.1"||311.83 mi||South||829.56 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Thu 5:22 AM||629 km||391 miles||340 nm||SW|
|Honolulu||Wed 5:22 AM||1772 km||1101 miles||957 nm||NNW|
|Fakaofo||Thu 4:22 AM||2603 km||1618 miles||1406 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Wed 5:22 AM||2626 km||1632 miles||1418 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Wed 3:22 AM||2647 km||1645 miles||1429 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Thu 5:22 AM||2985 km||1855 miles||1612 nm||SW|
|Rarotonga||Wed 5:22 AM||3083 km||1916 miles||1665 nm||SSW|
|Alofi||Wed 4:22 AM||3306 km||2054 miles||1785 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Thu 3:22 AM||3440 km||2138 miles||1857 nm||WSW|
|Midway||Wed 4:22 AM||3538 km||2199 miles||1911 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.