Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, December 5, 2012 at 3:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 60%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, December 5, 2012 at 15:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.31 meters/second, 1610.3 km/hour, 1000.6 miles/hour or 869.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.68 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||South||16.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 21.8"||1000.49 mi||West||0° 10' 59.0"||12.58 mi||South||1000.74 mi|
|24 hours||11° 08' 32.2"||766.74 mi||East||4° 32' 35.2"||312.16 mi||South||829.97 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Thu 5:46 AM||484 km||301 miles||261 nm||SSE|
|Honolulu||Wed 5:46 AM||1718 km||1068 miles||928 nm||N|
|Baker Island||Wed 3:46 AM||2023 km||1257 miles||1092 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Thu 4:46 AM||2147 km||1334 miles||1159 nm||SW|
|Apia *||Thu 5:46 AM||2583 km||1605 miles||1395 nm||SSW|
|Papeete||Wed 5:46 AM||2792 km||1735 miles||1508 nm||SSE|
|Funafuti||Thu 3:46 AM||2879 km||1789 miles||1555 nm||WSW|
|Rarotonga||Wed 5:46 AM||2995 km||1861 miles||1617 nm||S|
|Alofi||Wed 4:46 AM||2995 km||1861 miles||1617 nm||SSW|
|Tarawa||Thu 3:46 AM||3130 km||1945 miles||1690 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.