Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, December 5, 2012 at 4:32:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 60%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, December 5, 2012 at 16:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.42 meters/second, 1610.7 km/hour, 1000.8 miles/hour or 869.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.68 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||South||16.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 21.2"||1000.73 mi||West||0° 11' 00.8"||12.61 mi||South||1000.97 mi|
|24 hours||11° 08' 57.3"||767.41 mi||East||4° 33' 07.7"||312.78 mi||South||830.76 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Baker Island||Wed 4:32 AM||917 km||570 miles||495 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Thu 6:32 AM||1502 km||933 miles||811 nm||ESE|
|Fakaofo||Thu 5:32 AM||1668 km||1037 miles||901 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Thu 4:32 AM||1913 km||1189 miles||1033 nm||WSW|
|Funafuti||Thu 4:32 AM||1957 km||1216 miles||1056 nm||SW|
|Majuro||Thu 4:32 AM||2031 km||1262 miles||1097 nm||W|
|Apia *||Thu 6:32 AM||2166 km||1346 miles||1169 nm||S|
|Honolulu||Wed 6:32 AM||2188 km||1360 miles||1182 nm||NE|
|Midway||Wed 5:32 AM||2601 km||1616 miles||1405 nm||NNW|
|Yaren||Thu 4:32 AM||2623 km||1630 miles||1416 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.