Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, December 5, 2012 at 4:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 60%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, December 5, 2012 at 16:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.42 meters/second, 1610.7 km/hour, 1000.9 miles/hour or 869.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.68 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||South||16.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 21.2"||1000.74 mi||West||0° 11' 00.9"||12.62 mi||South||1000.98 mi|
|24 hours||11° 08' 58.3"||767.43 mi||East||4° 33' 09.1"||312.81 mi||South||830.79 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Howland Island||Wed 4:34 AM||843 km||524 miles||455 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Wed 4:34 AM||877 km||545 miles||473 nm||SW|
|Kanton Island||Thu 5:34 AM||945 km||587 miles||510 nm||S|
|Kiritimati||Thu 6:34 AM||1554 km||965 miles||839 nm||ESE|
|Fakaofo||Thu 5:34 AM||1665 km||1035 miles||899 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Thu 4:34 AM||1861 km||1156 miles||1005 nm||WSW|
|Funafuti||Thu 4:34 AM||1924 km||1196 miles||1039 nm||SW|
|Majuro||Thu 4:34 AM||1978 km||1229 miles||1068 nm||W|
|Apia *||Thu 6:34 AM||2162 km||1343 miles||1167 nm||S|
|Honolulu||Wed 6:34 AM||2221 km||1380 miles||1199 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.