Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, December 5, 2012 at 20:08:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 58%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:46 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, December 5, 2012 at 20:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.88 meters/second, 1612.4 km/hour, 1001.9 miles/hour or 870.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.70 mi||west||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||south||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 18.1"||1001.76 mi||west||0° 11' 08.7"||12.76 mi||south||1001.98 mi|
|24 hours||11° 11' 05.5"||770.70 mi||east||4° 35' 32.4"||315.54 mi||south||834.53 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Melekeok||Thu 5:08 AM||385 km||239 miles||208 nm||NW|
|Manokwari||Thu 5:08 AM||733 km||456 miles||396 nm||SSW|
|Jayapura||Thu 5:08 AM||929 km||577 miles||502 nm||SSE|
|Hagåtña||Thu 6:08 AM||1258 km||782 miles||679 nm||NE|
|Davao||Thu 4:08 AM||1289 km||801 miles||696 nm||W|
|General Santos||Thu 4:08 AM||1325 km||823 miles||715 nm||W|
|Manado||Thu 4:08 AM||1415 km||880 miles||764 nm||WSW|
|Gorontalo||Thu 4:08 AM||1636 km||1016 miles||883 nm||WSW|
|Port Moresby||Thu 6:08 AM||1955 km||1215 miles||1056 nm||SE|
|Dili||Thu 5:08 AM||1972 km||1225 miles||1065 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.