Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, December 5, 2012 at 8:08:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 58%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, December 5, 2012 at 20:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.88 meters/second, 1612.4 km/hour, 1001.9 miles/hour or 870.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.70 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||South||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 18.1"||1001.76 mi||West||0° 11' 08.7"||12.76 mi||South||1001.98 mi|
|24 hours||11° 11' 04.8"||770.68 mi||East||4° 35' 31.7"||315.53 mi||South||834.51 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Melekeok||Thu 5:08 AM||407 km||253 miles||220 nm||NW|
|Manokwari||Thu 5:08 AM||748 km||465 miles||404 nm||SSW|
|Jayapura||Thu 5:08 AM||917 km||570 miles||495 nm||SSE|
|Hagåtña||Thu 6:08 AM||1238 km||769 miles||668 nm||NE|
|Davao||Thu 4:08 AM||1319 km||819 miles||712 nm||W|
|General Santos||Thu 4:08 AM||1354 km||842 miles||731 nm||W|
|Manado||Thu 4:08 AM||1444 km||898 miles||780 nm||WSW|
|Gorontalo||Thu 4:08 AM||1665 km||1034 miles||899 nm||WSW|
|Port Moresby||Thu 6:08 AM||1938 km||1204 miles||1047 nm||SE|
|Dili||Thu 5:08 AM||1991 km||1237 miles||1075 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.