Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, December 5, 2012 at 8:24:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 58%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, December 5, 2012 at 20:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.91 meters/second, 1612.5 km/hour, 1001.9 miles/hour or 870.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.70 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||South||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 17.8"||1001.83 mi||West||0° 11' 09.2"||12.77 mi||South||1002.05 mi|
|24 hours||11° 11' 14.9"||770.93 mi||East||4° 35' 41.8"||315.72 mi||South||834.80 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Melekeok||Thu 5:24 AM||306 km||190 miles||165 nm||NNE|
|Manokwari||Thu 5:24 AM||650 km||404 miles||351 nm||S|
|Colonia||Thu 6:24 AM||717 km||446 miles||387 nm||NE|
|Sofifi||Thu 5:24 AM||808 km||502 miles||436 nm||SW|
|Ternate||Thu 5:24 AM||821 km||510 miles||443 nm||SW|
|Davao||Thu 4:24 AM||900 km||559 miles||486 nm||WNW|
|General Santos||Thu 4:24 AM||928 km||577 miles||501 nm||W|
|Manado||Thu 4:24 AM||1034 km||643 miles||559 nm||WSW|
|Jayapura||Thu 5:24 AM||1157 km||719 miles||625 nm||SE|
|Gorontalo||Thu 4:24 AM||1258 km||782 miles||679 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.