Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, December 5, 2012 at 20:44:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 58%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, December 5, 2012 at 20:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.95 meters/second, 1612.6 km/hour, 1002.0 miles/hour or 870.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.70 mi||west||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||south||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 17.5"||1001.92 mi||west||0° 11' 09.9"||12.79 mi||south||1002.13 mi|
|24 hours||11° 11' 27.7"||771.25 mi||east||4° 35' 54.4"||315.96 mi||south||835.15 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|General Santos||Thu 4:44 AM||405 km||251 miles||219 nm||WNW|
|Davao||Thu 4:44 AM||410 km||255 miles||221 nm||NW|
|Ternate||Thu 5:44 AM||476 km||296 miles||257 nm||SSW|
|Sofifi||Thu 5:44 AM||477 km||297 miles||258 nm||SSW|
|Manado||Thu 4:44 AM||567 km||352 miles||306 nm||SW|
|Marawi City||Thu 4:44 AM||588 km||366 miles||318 nm||NW|
|Cagayan de Oro||Thu 4:44 AM||591 km||367 miles||319 nm||NW|
|Melekeok||Thu 5:44 AM||722 km||449 miles||390 nm||ENE|
|Gorontalo||Thu 4:44 AM||786 km||489 miles||425 nm||SW|
|Cebu City||Thu 4:44 AM||790 km||491 miles||426 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.