Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, December 5, 2012 at 9:32:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 58%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, December 5, 2012 at 21:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.04 meters/second, 1612.9 km/hour, 1002.2 miles/hour or 870.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.70 mi||West||0° 00' 11.1"||0.21 mi||South||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 16.7"||1002.12 mi||West||0° 11' 11.4"||12.82 mi||South||1002.34 mi|
|24 hours||11° 11' 58.9"||772.01 mi||East||4° 36' 23.9"||316.52 mi||South||836.00 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kota Kinabalu||Thu 5:32 AM||168 km||105 miles||91 nm||NW|
|Bandar Seri Begawan||Thu 5:32 AM||228 km||142 miles||123 nm||W|
|Pekan Tutong||Thu 5:32 AM||260 km||161 miles||140 nm||W|
|Kuala Belait||Thu 5:32 AM||308 km||191 miles||166 nm||W|
|Miri||Thu 5:32 AM||336 km||209 miles||182 nm||W|
|Puerto Princesa||Thu 5:32 AM||582 km||362 miles||314 nm||NNE|
|Samarinda||Thu 5:32 AM||583 km||363 miles||315 nm||S|
|Zamboanga City||Thu 5:32 AM||610 km||379 miles||329 nm||ENE|
|Balikpapan||Thu 5:32 AM||665 km||413 miles||359 nm||S|
|Palu||Thu 5:32 AM||704 km||437 miles||380 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.