Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 1:58:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 56%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 01:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.49 meters/second, 1614.6 km/hour, 1003.2 miles/hour or 871.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.72 mi||West||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||South||16.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 11.5"||1003.13 mi||West||0° 11' 20.2"||12.98 mi||South||1003.32 mi|
|24 hours||11° 15' 06.7"||776.47 mi||East||4° 38' 54.7"||319.39 mi||South||840.80 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Galkayo||Thu 4:58 AM||648 km||402 miles||350 nm||WNW|
|Mogadishu||Thu 4:58 AM||829 km||515 miles||447 nm||WSW|
|Bosaso||Thu 4:58 AM||893 km||555 miles||482 nm||NNW|
|Hadibu||Thu 4:58 AM||977 km||607 miles||527 nm||N|
|Victoria||Thu 5:58 AM||1000 km||622 miles||540 nm||SSE|
|Aden||Thu 4:58 AM||1281 km||796 miles||692 nm||NW|
|Djibouti||Thu 4:58 AM||1338 km||831 miles||722 nm||NW|
|Sana||Thu 4:58 AM||1558 km||968 miles||841 nm||NW|
|Addis Ababa||Thu 4:58 AM||1625 km||1010 miles||878 nm||WNW|
|Nairobi||Thu 4:58 AM||1843 km||1145 miles||995 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.