Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 2:08:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 56%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 02:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 448.50 meters/second, 1614.6 kilometres/hour, 1003.3 miles/hour or 871.8 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.72 mi||West||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||South||16.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 11.4"||1003.16 mi||West||0° 11' 20.5"||12.99 mi||South||1003.36 mi|
|24 hours||11° 15' 14.2"||776.64 mi||East||4° 38' 59.8"||319.49 mi||South||840.99 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Galkayo||Thu 5:08 AM||435 km||270 miles||235 nm||NW|
|Mogadishu||Thu 5:08 AM||571 km||355 miles||308 nm||WSW|
|Bosaso||Thu 5:08 AM||822 km||511 miles||444 nm||N|
|Hargeisa||Thu 5:08 AM||916 km||569 miles||495 nm||NW|
|Victoria||Thu 6:08 AM||1114 km||692 miles||602 nm||SSE|
|Aden||Thu 5:08 AM||1131 km||703 miles||611 nm||NNW|
|Djibouti||Thu 5:08 AM||1146 km||712 miles||619 nm||NW|
|Addis Ababa||Thu 5:08 AM||1379 km||857 miles||744 nm||WNW|
|Sana||Thu 5:08 AM||1422 km||884 miles||768 nm||NNW|
|Nairobi||Thu 5:08 AM||1588 km||987 miles||857 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.