Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 2:18:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 56%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 02:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.52 meters/second, 1614.7 km/hour, 1003.3 miles/hour or 871.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.72 mi||West||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||South||16.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 11.2"||1003.20 mi||West||0° 11' 20.8"||12.99 mi||South||1003.39 mi|
|24 hours||11° 15' 21.8"||776.81 mi||East||4° 39' 05.1"||319.59 mi||South||841.17 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Galkayo||Thu 5:18 AM||321 km||199 miles||173 nm||N|
|Mogadishu||Thu 5:18 AM||332 km||207 miles||179 nm||SW|
|Hargeisa||Thu 5:18 AM||746 km||464 miles||403 nm||NNW|
|Bosaso||Thu 5:18 AM||835 km||519 miles||451 nm||N|
|Dire Dawa||Thu 5:18 AM||903 km||561 miles||488 nm||NW|
|Ali Sabieh||Thu 5:18 AM||975 km||606 miles||527 nm||NW|
|Djibouti||Thu 5:18 AM||990 km||615 miles||534 nm||NNW|
|Dikhil||Thu 5:18 AM||992 km||617 miles||536 nm||NW|
|Aden||Thu 5:18 AM||1029 km||639 miles||555 nm||NNW|
|Addis Ababa||Thu 5:18 AM||1141 km||709 miles||616 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.