Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 2:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 56%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 02:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 448.53 meters/second, 1614.7 kilometres/hour, 1003.3 miles/hour or 871.9 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.72 mi||West||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||South||16.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 10.9"||1003.22 mi||West||0° 11' 21.0"||13.00 mi||South||1003.41 mi|
|24 hours||11° 15' 26.4"||776.92 mi||East||4° 39' 08.2"||319.65 mi||South||841.28 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mogadishu||Thu 5:24 AM||225 km||140 miles||122 nm||SSW|
|Galkayo||Thu 5:24 AM||347 km||216 miles||188 nm||NNE|
|Bardera||Thu 5:24 AM||472 km||293 miles||255 nm||WSW|
|Kismayo||Thu 5:24 AM||623 km||387 miles||336 nm||SW|
|Hargeisa||Thu 5:24 AM||675 km||420 miles||365 nm||NNW|
|Dire Dawa||Thu 5:24 AM||798 km||496 miles||431 nm||NW|
|Garissa||Thu 5:24 AM||876 km||544 miles||473 nm||WSW|
|Bosaso||Thu 5:24 AM||882 km||548 miles||476 nm||NNE|
|Ali Sabieh||Thu 5:24 AM||896 km||557 miles||484 nm||NNW|
|Dikhil||Thu 5:24 AM||908 km||564 miles||491 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.