Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 2:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 56%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 02:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.54 meters/second, 1614.7 km/hour, 1003.4 miles/hour or 871.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.72 mi||West||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||South||16.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 10.8"||1003.25 mi||West||0° 11' 21.3"||13.00 mi||South||1003.44 mi|
|24 hours||11° 15' 34.0"||777.09 mi||East||4° 39' 13.3"||319.75 mi||South||841.46 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mogadishu||Thu 5:34 AM||259 km||161 miles||140 nm||SE|
|Kismayo||Thu 5:34 AM||485 km||301 miles||262 nm||SSW|
|Galkayo||Thu 5:34 AM||515 km||320 miles||278 nm||NE|
|Hargeisa||Thu 5:34 AM||635 km||394 miles||343 nm||N|
|Garissa||Thu 5:34 AM||664 km||413 miles||359 nm||SW|
|Dire Dawa||Thu 5:34 AM||674 km||419 miles||364 nm||NNW|
|Addis Ababa||Thu 5:34 AM||803 km||499 miles||433 nm||NW|
|Ali Sabieh||Thu 5:34 AM||820 km||509 miles||443 nm||N|
|Dikhil||Thu 5:34 AM||821 km||510 miles||443 nm||N|
|Djibouti||Thu 5:34 AM||861 km||535 miles||465 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.