Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 2:44:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 56%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 02:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 448.56 meters/second, 1614.8 kilometres/hour, 1003.4 miles/hour or 871.9 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.72 mi||West||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||South||16.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 10.6"||1003.28 mi||West||0° 11' 21.6"||13.01 mi||South||1003.47 mi|
|24 hours||11° 15' 41.8"||777.27 mi||East||4° 39' 18.4"||319.85 mi||South||841.65 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bardera||Thu 5:44 AM||189 km||117 miles||102 nm||SSE|
|Kismayo||Thu 5:44 AM||477 km||296 miles||258 nm||SSE|
|Mogadishu||Thu 5:44 AM||479 km||297 miles||258 nm||ESE|
|Awasa||Thu 5:44 AM||484 km||301 miles||261 nm||NW|
|Arba Minch||Thu 5:44 AM||493 km||306 miles||266 nm||WNW|
|Garissa||Thu 5:44 AM||509 km||316 miles||275 nm||SSW|
|Adama||Thu 5:44 AM||575 km||357 miles||311 nm||NNW|
|Dire Dawa||Thu 5:44 AM||643 km||400 miles||347 nm||N|
|Addis Ababa||Thu 5:44 AM||647 km||402 miles||350 nm||NNW|
|Jimma||Thu 5:44 AM||663 km||412 miles||358 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.