Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 08:28:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 53%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:46 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 08:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.97 meters/second, 1616.3 km/hour, 1004.3 miles/hour or 872.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.74 mi||west||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||south||16.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 02.1"||1004.21 mi||west||0° 11' 31.3"||13.19 mi||south||1004.37 mi|
|24 hours||11° 20' 29.8"||783.64 mi||east||4° 41' 54.6"||322.82 mi||south||848.12 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Fortaleza||Thu 5:28 AM||819 km||509 miles||442 nm||SSE|
|Belém||Thu 5:28 AM||836 km||520 miles||451 nm||WSW|
|Cayenne||Thu 5:28 AM||1152 km||716 miles||622 nm||WNW|
|Recife||Thu 5:28 AM||1445 km||898 miles||780 nm||SE|
|Paramaribo||Thu 5:28 AM||1480 km||919 miles||799 nm||WNW|
|Salvador||Thu 5:28 AM||1781 km||1107 miles||962 nm||SSE|
|Georgetown||Thu 4:28 AM||1827 km||1136 miles||987 nm||WNW|
|Manaus||Thu 4:28 AM||2085 km||1295 miles||1126 nm||WSW|
|Brasilia *||Thu 6:28 AM||2139 km||1329 miles||1155 nm||SSW|
|Bridgetown||Thu 4:28 AM||2236 km||1389 miles||1207 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.