Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 08:32:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 53%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:46 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 08:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.97 meters/second, 1616.3 km/hour, 1004.3 miles/hour or 872.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.74 mi||west||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||south||16.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 02.0"||1004.29 mi||west||0° 11' 31.4"||13.20 mi||south||1004.45 mi|
|24 hours||11° 20' 33.4"||783.77 mi||east||4° 41' 56.2"||322.88 mi||south||848.25 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Belém||Thu 5:32 AM||747 km||464 miles||404 nm||SW|
|Fortaleza||Thu 5:32 AM||876 km||544 miles||473 nm||SE|
|Cayenne||Thu 5:32 AM||1047 km||651 miles||565 nm||WNW|
|Paramaribo||Thu 5:32 AM||1376 km||855 miles||743 nm||WNW|
|Recife||Thu 5:32 AM||1507 km||936 miles||814 nm||SE|
|Georgetown||Thu 4:32 AM||1724 km||1071 miles||931 nm||WNW|
|Salvador||Thu 5:32 AM||1807 km||1123 miles||976 nm||SSE|
|Manaus||Thu 4:32 AM||1982 km||1231 miles||1070 nm||WSW|
|Brasilia *||Thu 6:32 AM||2109 km||1310 miles||1139 nm||SSW|
|Bridgetown||Thu 4:32 AM||2146 km||1333 miles||1159 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.