Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 9:22:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 53%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 09:22:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.02 meters/second, 1616.5 km/hour, 1004.4 miles/hour or 872.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.74 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||South||16.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 00.7"||1004.32 mi||West||0° 11' 32.6"||13.22 mi||South||1004.48 mi|
|24 hours||11° 21' 17.9"||784.67 mi||East||4° 42' 14.9"||323.21 mi||South||849.13 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saint-Laurent-du-Maroni||Thu 6:22 AM||346 km||215 miles||187 nm||NNE|
|Paramaribo||Thu 6:22 AM||364 km||226 miles||197 nm||N|
|Cayenne||Thu 6:22 AM||399 km||248 miles||216 nm||NE|
|Nieuw Nickerie||Thu 6:22 AM||436 km||271 miles||235 nm||NNW|
|New Amsterdam||Thu 5:22 AM||496 km||308 miles||268 nm||NW|
|Linden||Thu 5:22 AM||529 km||329 miles||286 nm||NW|
|Santarém||Thu 6:22 AM||549 km||341 miles||296 nm||S|
|Georgetown||Thu 5:22 AM||588 km||366 miles||318 nm||NW|
|Boa Vista||Thu 5:22 AM||635 km||395 miles||343 nm||W|
|Manaus||Thu 5:22 AM||837 km||520 miles||452 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.