Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 13:32:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 51%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:46 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 13:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.19 meters/second, 1617.1 km/hour, 1004.8 miles/hour or 873.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.8"||16.75 mi||west||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||south||16.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 53.3"||1004.70 mi||west||0° 11' 38.5"||13.33 mi||south||1004.84 mi|
|24 hours||11° 25' 20.3"||789.73 mi||east||4° 43' 38.3"||324.81 mi||south||854.00 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Acapulco||Thu 7:32 AM||2415 km||1501 miles||1304 nm||NE|
|Guadalajara||Thu 7:32 AM||2496 km||1551 miles||1348 nm||NNE|
|Mazatlan||Thu 6:32 AM||2587 km||1607 miles||1397 nm||NNE|
|Mexico City||Thu 7:32 AM||2673 km||1661 miles||1443 nm||NE|
|Galapagos Islands||Thu 7:32 AM||2935 km||1824 miles||1585 nm||E|
|Hermosillo||Thu 6:32 AM||3070 km||1908 miles||1658 nm||N|
|Guatemala||Thu 7:32 AM||3126 km||1942 miles||1688 nm||ENE|
|San Salvador||Thu 7:32 AM||3218 km||2000 miles||1738 nm||ENE|
|Easter Island *||Thu 8:32 AM||3263 km||2028 miles||1762 nm||SSE|
|Adamstown||Thu 5:32 AM||3340 km||2075 miles||1803 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.