Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:32:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 2:47 PM|
|This phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 15:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.24 meters/second, 1617.3 km/hour, 1004.9 miles/hour or 873.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.75 mi||West||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||South||16.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 49.5"||1004.81 mi||West||0° 11' 41.1"||13.38 mi||South||1004.93 mi|
|24 hours||11° 27' 23.4"||792.24 mi||East||4° 44' 10.1"||325.41 mi||South||856.34 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Fri 5:32 AM||1415 km||879 miles||764 nm||W|
|Papeete||Thu 5:32 AM||2157 km||1340 miles||1164 nm||SSW|
|Honolulu||Thu 5:32 AM||2635 km||1637 miles||1423 nm||NNW|
|Rarotonga||Thu 5:32 AM||2992 km||1859 miles||1616 nm||SSW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 4:32 AM||3179 km||1975 miles||1716 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Thu 7:32 AM||3315 km||2060 miles||1790 nm||SSE|
|Apia *||Fri 5:32 AM||3432 km||2133 miles||1853 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Thu 3:32 AM||3547 km||2204 miles||1915 nm||W|
|Alofi||Thu 4:32 AM||3568 km||2217 miles||1927 nm||SW|
|Nukualofa||Fri 4:32 AM||4154 km||2581 miles||2243 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.