Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 4:22:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 16:22:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.25 meters/second, 1617.3 km/hour, 1004.9 miles/hour or 873.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.75 mi||West||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||South||16.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 47.7"||1004.84 mi||West||0° 11' 42.1"||13.40 mi||South||1004.96 mi|
|24 hours||11° 28' 16.8"||793.31 mi||East||4° 44' 21.9"||325.64 mi||South||857.33 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Fri 6:22 AM||101 km||63 miles||55 nm||NW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 5:22 AM||1983 km||1232 miles||1071 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Thu 4:22 AM||2200 km||1367 miles||1188 nm||W|
|Papeete||Thu 6:22 AM||2214 km||1376 miles||1195 nm||SSE|
|Honolulu||Thu 6:22 AM||2231 km||1386 miles||1205 nm||N|
|Apia *||Fri 6:22 AM||2346 km||1458 miles||1267 nm||SW|
|Rarotonga||Thu 6:22 AM||2501 km||1554 miles||1350 nm||S|
|Alofi||Thu 5:22 AM||2662 km||1654 miles||1437 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Fri 4:22 AM||2877 km||1788 miles||1554 nm||WSW|
|Nukualofa||Fri 5:22 AM||3183 km||1978 miles||1719 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.