Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 4:42:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 16:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.26 meters/second, 1617.3 km/hour, 1005.0 miles/hour or 873.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.75 mi||West||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||South||16.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 47.1"||1004.85 mi||West||0° 11' 42.4"||13.41 mi||South||1004.97 mi|
|24 hours||11° 28' 38.4"||793.75 mi||East||4° 44' 26.3"||325.72 mi||South||857.73 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Fri 6:42 AM||480 km||298 miles||259 nm||E|
|Fakaofo||Fri 5:42 AM||1575 km||978 miles||850 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Thu 4:42 AM||1661 km||1032 miles||897 nm||W|
|Apia *||Fri 6:42 AM||1999 km||1242 miles||1079 nm||SSW|
|Honolulu||Thu 6:42 AM||2271 km||1411 miles||1226 nm||N|
|Funafuti||Fri 4:42 AM||2384 km||1481 miles||1287 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Thu 5:42 AM||2410 km||1497 miles||1301 nm||SSW|
|Papeete||Thu 6:42 AM||2448 km||1521 miles||1322 nm||SSE|
|Rarotonga||Thu 6:42 AM||2480 km||1541 miles||1339 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Fri 4:42 AM||2829 km||1758 miles||1528 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.