Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 5:32:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 49%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 17:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.26 meters/second, 1617.3 km/hour, 1005.0 miles/hour or 873.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.75 mi||West||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||South||16.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 45.4"||1004.86 mi||West||0° 11' 43.4"||13.42 mi||South||1004.98 mi|
|24 hours||11° 29' 33.0"||794.84 mi||East||4° 44' 36.8"||325.92 mi||South||858.73 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Baker Island||Thu 5:32 AM||321 km||200 miles||174 nm||WSW|
|Rawaki||Fri 6:32 AM||614 km||381 miles||331 nm||SSE|
|Fakaofo||Fri 6:32 AM||1173 km||729 miles||634 nm||SSE|
|Funafuti||Fri 5:32 AM||1311 km||815 miles||708 nm||SW|
|Tarawa||Fri 5:32 AM||1482 km||921 miles||800 nm||W|
|Apia *||Fri 7:32 AM||1648 km||1024 miles||890 nm||S|
|Majuro||Fri 5:32 AM||1791 km||1113 miles||967 nm||WNW|
|Kiritimati||Fri 7:32 AM||1823 km||1133 miles||984 nm||E|
|Yaren||Fri 5:32 AM||2165 km||1345 miles||1169 nm||W|
|Alofi||Thu 6:32 AM||2251 km||1398 miles||1215 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.