Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 6:26:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 49%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 18:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.27 meters/second, 1617.4 km/hour, 1005.0 miles/hour or 873.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.75 mi||West||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||South||16.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 43.5"||1004.87 mi||West||0° 11' 44.4"||13.44 mi||South||1004.98 mi|
|24 hours||348° 29' 26.6"||796.03 mi||West||4° 44' 47.1"||326.12 mi||South||859.81 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tarawa||Fri 6:26 AM||76 km||47 miles||41 nm||NNW|
|Yaren||Fri 6:26 AM||718 km||446 miles||387 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Fri 6:26 AM||728 km||452 miles||393 nm||NNW|
|Baker Island||Thu 6:26 AM||1147 km||713 miles||619 nm||E|
|Funafuti||Fri 6:26 AM||1222 km||759 miles||660 nm||SSE|
|Palikir||Fri 5:26 AM||1806 km||1122 miles||975 nm||WNW|
|Honiara||Fri 5:26 AM||1855 km||1153 miles||1002 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 7:26 AM||2058 km||1279 miles||1111 nm||ESE|
|Port Vila||Fri 5:26 AM||2118 km||1316 miles||1143 nm||SSW|
|Suva *||Fri 7:26 AM||2167 km||1347 miles||1170 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.