Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 9:22:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 48%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 21:22:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.25 meters/second, 1617.3 km/hour, 1004.9 miles/hour or 873.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.75 mi||West||0° 00' 11.7"||0.22 mi||South||16.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 36.9"||1004.83 mi||West||0° 11' 47.3"||13.50 mi||South||1004.93 mi|
|24 hours||11° 33' 57.0"||800.01 mi||East||4° 45' 12.8"||326.61 mi||South||863.38 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Sofifi||Fri 6:22 AM||346 km||215 miles||187 nm||W|
|Ternate||Fri 6:22 AM||366 km||227 miles||198 nm||W|
|Manokwari||Fri 6:22 AM||401 km||249 miles||217 nm||ESE|
|Ambon||Fri 6:22 AM||509 km||316 miles||275 nm||SSW|
|Manado||Fri 5:22 AM||659 km||409 miles||356 nm||WNW|
|Gorontalo||Fri 5:22 AM||842 km||523 miles||455 nm||W|
|General Santos||Fri 5:22 AM||891 km||553 miles||481 nm||NW|
|Koror||Fri 6:22 AM||899 km||558 miles||485 nm||NNE|
|Melekeok||Fri 6:22 AM||922 km||573 miles||498 nm||NNE|
|Davao||Fri 5:22 AM||942 km||585 miles||508 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.