Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 10:32:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 47%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 22:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.23 meters/second, 1617.2 km/hour, 1004.9 miles/hour or 873.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.75 mi||West||0° 00' 11.7"||0.23 mi||South||16.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 34.1"||1004.79 mi||West||0° 11' 48.4"||13.52 mi||South||1004.87 mi|
|24 hours||11° 35' 21.2"||801.64 mi||East||4° 45' 19.7"||326.75 mi||South||864.81 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Palangka Raya||Fri 5:32 AM||242 km||151 miles||131 nm||S|
|Banjarmasin||Fri 6:32 AM||378 km||235 miles||204 nm||SSE|
|Balikpapan||Fri 6:32 AM||380 km||236 miles||205 nm||ESE|
|Samarinda||Fri 6:32 AM||390 km||242 miles||210 nm||E|
|Kuching||Fri 6:32 AM||410 km||255 miles||221 nm||WNW|
|Pontianak||Fri 5:32 AM||482 km||299 miles||260 nm||W|
|Miri||Fri 6:32 AM||491 km||305 miles||265 nm||N|
|Kuala Belait||Fri 6:32 AM||514 km||320 miles||278 nm||N|
|Pekan Tutong||Fri 6:32 AM||546 km||339 miles||295 nm||NNE|
|Bandar Seri Begawan||Fri 6:32 AM||562 km||349 miles||304 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.