Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, December 7, 2012 at 1:08:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 46%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, December 7, 2012 at 01:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.16 meters/second, 1617.0 km/hour, 1004.7 miles/hour or 873.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.74 mi||West||0° 00' 11.7"||0.23 mi||South||16.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 27.8"||1004.62 mi||West||0° 11' 50.4"||13.56 mi||South||1004.69 mi|
|24 hours||11° 38' 35.9"||805.34 mi||East||4° 45' 28.3"||326.91 mi||South||868.02 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Addu City||Fri 6:08 AM||309 km||192 miles||167 nm||W|
|Male||Fri 6:08 AM||586 km||364 miles||316 nm||NNW|
|Diego Garcia||Fri 7:08 AM||842 km||523 miles||455 nm||SSW|
|Kulhudhuffushi||Fri 6:08 AM||852 km||530 miles||460 nm||NNW|
|Sri Jayawardenapura Kotte||Fri 6:38 AM||935 km||581 miles||505 nm||NNE|
|Colombo||Fri 6:38 AM||936 km||582 miles||505 nm||NNE|
|Thiruvananthapuram||Fri 6:38 AM||1007 km||626 miles||544 nm||N|
|Kandy||Fri 6:38 AM||1013 km||630 miles||547 nm||NNE|
|Madurai||Fri 6:38 AM||1183 km||735 miles||639 nm||NNE|
|Bengaluru||Fri 6:38 AM||1506 km||936 miles||813 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.