Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, December 7, 2012 at 6:26:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 44%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, December 7, 2012 at 06:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.88 meters/second, 1616.0 km/hour, 1004.1 miles/hour or 872.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.73 mi||West||0° 00' 11.8"||0.23 mi||South||16.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 13.6"||1004.00 mi||West||0° 11' 53.5"||13.62 mi||South||1004.04 mi|
|24 hours||11° 45' 41.3"||813.24 mi||East||4° 45' 14.9"||326.66 mi||South||874.66 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Accra||Fri 6:26 AM||795 km||494 miles||429 nm||N|
|Abidjan||Fri 6:26 AM||832 km||517 miles||449 nm||NNW|
|Lomé||Fri 6:26 AM||891 km||554 miles||481 nm||NNE|
|São Tomé||Fri 6:26 AM||894 km||555 miles||483 nm||ENE|
|Kumasi||Fri 6:26 AM||918 km||571 miles||496 nm||N|
|Cotonou||Fri 7:26 AM||963 km||598 miles||520 nm||NNE|
|Porto Novo||Fri 7:26 AM||983 km||611 miles||531 nm||NNE|
|Harper||Fri 6:26 AM||991 km||616 miles||535 nm||NW|
|Santo António (Príncipe)||Fri 6:26 AM||1010 km||628 miles||545 nm||ENE|
|Lagos||Fri 7:26 AM||1016 km||631 miles||549 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.