Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, December 7, 2012 at 9:28:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 42%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, December 7, 2012 at 09:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.65 meters/second, 1615.2 km/hour, 1003.6 miles/hour or 872.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.73 mi||West||0° 00' 11.8"||0.23 mi||South||16.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 04.6"||1003.48 mi||West||0° 11' 54.6"||13.64 mi||South||1003.51 mi|
|24 hours||11° 50' 02.0"||817.96 mi||East||4° 44' 48.1"||326.16 mi||South||878.52 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|São Luis||Fri 6:28 AM||98 km||61 miles||53 nm||ESE|
|Belém||Fri 6:28 AM||382 km||238 miles||206 nm||WNW|
|Fortaleza||Fri 6:28 AM||752 km||467 miles||406 nm||ESE|
|Cayenne||Fri 6:28 AM||1125 km||699 miles||608 nm||NW|
|Recife||Fri 6:28 AM||1305 km||811 miles||704 nm||ESE|
|Salvador||Fri 6:28 AM||1399 km||869 miles||755 nm||SSE|
|Paramaribo||Fri 6:28 AM||1426 km||886 miles||770 nm||NW|
|Brasilia *||Fri 7:28 AM||1535 km||954 miles||829 nm||S|
|Manaus||Fri 5:28 AM||1661 km||1032 miles||897 nm||W|
|Georgetown||Fri 5:28 AM||1759 km||1093 miles||950 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.