Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, December 7, 2012 at 09:32:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 42%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, December 7, 2012 at 09:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.65 meters/second, 1615.1 km/hour, 1003.6 miles/hour or 872.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.73 mi||west||0° 00' 11.8"||0.23 mi||south||16.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 04.4"||1003.47 mi||west||0° 11' 54.6"||13.64 mi||south||1003.50 mi|
|24 hours||11° 50' 07.8"||818.07 mi||east||4° 44' 47.3"||326.14 mi||south||878.61 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|São Luis||Fri 6:32 AM||205 km||128 miles||111 nm||ESE|
|Belém||Fri 6:32 AM||280 km||174 miles||151 nm||WNW|
|Fortaleza||Fri 6:32 AM||851 km||529 miles||459 nm||ESE|
|Cayenne||Fri 6:32 AM||1052 km||654 miles||568 nm||NW|
|Paramaribo||Fri 6:32 AM||1345 km||836 miles||726 nm||NW|
|Recife||Fri 6:32 AM||1402 km||871 miles||757 nm||ESE|
|Salvador||Fri 6:32 AM||1455 km||904 miles||786 nm||SE|
|Brasilia *||Fri 7:32 AM||1516 km||942 miles||819 nm||S|
|Manaus||Fri 5:32 AM||1554 km||966 miles||839 nm||W|
|Georgetown||Fri 5:32 AM||1672 km||1039 miles||903 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.