Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, December 7, 2012 at 11:26:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 41%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, December 7, 2012 at 11:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.48 meters/second, 1614.5 km/hour, 1003.2 miles/hour or 871.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||16.72 mi||West||0° 00' 11.8"||0.23 mi||South||16.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 58.7"||1003.08 mi||West||0° 11' 55.0"||13.65 mi||South||1003.10 mi|
|24 hours||11° 52' 57.6"||821.10 mi||East||4° 44' 22.9"||325.68 mi||South||881.04 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Iquitos||Fri 6:26 AM||137 km||85 miles||74 nm||SSE|
|Florencia||Fri 6:26 AM||512 km||318 miles||277 nm||NNW|
|Mitú||Fri 6:26 AM||571 km||355 miles||308 nm||NE|
|Ambato||Fri 6:26 AM||571 km||355 miles||308 nm||WNW|
|Cuenca||Fri 6:26 AM||595 km||370 miles||321 nm||W|
|Quito||Fri 6:26 AM||600 km||373 miles||324 nm||WNW|
|Loja||Fri 6:26 AM||636 km||395 miles||343 nm||WSW|
|Santo Domingo (Ecuador)||Fri 6:26 AM||665 km||413 miles||359 nm||WNW|
|Guayaquil||Fri 6:26 AM||695 km||432 miles||375 nm||W|
|Cali||Fri 6:26 AM||737 km||458 miles||398 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.