Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, December 7, 2012 at 12:16:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 41%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, December 7, 2012 at 12:16:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.39 meters/second, 1614.2 km/hour, 1003.0 miles/hour or 871.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||16.72 mi||West||0° 00' 11.8"||0.23 mi||South||16.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 56.0"||1002.90 mi||West||0° 11' 55.1"||13.65 mi||South||1002.91 mi|
|24 hours||11° 54' 13.6"||822.45 mi||East||4° 44' 10.2"||325.44 mi||South||882.11 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Galapagos Islands||Fri 6:16 AM||474 km||294 miles||256 nm||WNW|
|Portoviejo||Fri 7:16 AM||619 km||385 miles||334 nm||ENE|
|Guayaquil||Fri 7:16 AM||655 km||407 miles||354 nm||E|
|Cuenca||Fri 7:16 AM||751 km||467 miles||405 nm||E|
|Quito||Fri 7:16 AM||853 km||530 miles||461 nm||ENE|
|Trujillo||Fri 7:16 AM||953 km||592 miles||514 nm||SE|
|Cali||Fri 7:16 AM||1235 km||768 miles||667 nm||ENE|
|Lima||Fri 7:16 AM||1409 km||876 miles||761 nm||SE|
|San Jose||Fri 6:16 AM||1415 km||879 miles||764 nm||N|
|Panama||Fri 7:16 AM||1471 km||914 miles||794 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.